- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two cookie sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, tapioca starch, baking soda,cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix until fully combined.
- Roll one heaping spoon of dough into balls and toss in powdered sugar. Place on cookie sheets, leaving about 2-inches for spreading.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes , until edges are just set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
My notes on this recipe:
These are loaded with flavor and port gooey for sure. Perfect holiday treat!